Orthopedic surgery talks about surgeries related to the conditions of the musculoskeletal system. Orthopedics use surgical as well as non-surgical methods to treat musculoskeletal trauma, sports injuries, congenital disorders and degenerative diseases.
Orthopaedics is the medical specialty that focuses on injuries and diseases of your body's musculoskeletal system. This complex system includes your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, muscles, and nerves and allows you to move, work, and be active.
Once devoted to the care of children with spine and limb deformities, orthopaedists now care for patients of all ages, from newborns with clubfeet to young athletes requiring arthroscopic surgery to older people with arthritis. And anybody can break a bone.
Orthopaedic surgeons manage special problems of the musculoskeletal system. This involves:
- Diagnosis of your injury or disorder
- Treatment with medication, exercise, surgery or other treatment plans
- Rehabilitation by recommending exercises or physical therapy to restore movement, strength and function
- Prevention with information and treatment plans to prevent injury or slow the progression of diseases
Our Orthopedicians trained at the top centres worldwide, bring with them the latest and best techniques and work in our facilities that have the latest cutting edge technology in terms of equipments, operating rooms, recovery areas and advanced Physical therapy facilities.
We have dedicated & well equipped Orthopedic surgery complexes with laminar flow & various modern equipment like image intensifier, operating microscope, computer navigation system, top of the line arthroscopy system etc.
- The Orthpedic institutes perform surgeries on the bones and joints which include the most current Arthroscopic and Reconstructive techniques. Joint replacements including hip resurfacing and knee replacements [primary, complex primary & revision replacements] are being done in large numbers with excellent outcomes.
- Shoulder surgeries and the most delicate hand micro surgeries are all performed with great precision and expertise.
- There are dedicated units for Traumatology which involves treatment for dislocations and fractures with very minimal down time for the patient.
- We also have modern Sports medicine centres at all our facilities, where most sports injuries (like damage to ligaments, meniscus, cartilage etc. ) can now be treated with key-hole (arthroscopic) surgery. Severely damaged joints can be replaced. These artificial joints behave almost like normal joints and could last for about 20-25 years
Hip joint replacement surgery substitutes a prosthetic implant in place of the hip joint. The Hip joint replacement procedure can be performed as a total hip replacement or a semi or patial hip replacement. Such joint replacements are generally to relieve arthritis pain or treat severe joint injury as part of hip fracture treatment. Hip replacement is one of the most common orthopedic surgeries.
Hip Resurfacing Surgery is anadvancement in the treatment of Hip Joint Arthritis. This procedure has been developed as an alternative surgery to Total Hip Joint Replacement (THR). In this surgery, a cobalt-chrome metal cap is placed, which is like a mushroom, over the head of the femur. A matching metal cup is placed in the pelvis socket, replacing the surfaces of the patient's hip joint.
Patients with severe Knee Arthritis undergo minimally invasive Total Knee Replacement surgery that helps lessen the pain and improves the quality of life. Surgeons have been performing Total Knee Replacements for over 30 years mostly with outstanding results. Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement is a new technique that lets surgeons use the same total knee replacement implants via a smaller incision that causes lesser trauma to the quadriceps muscle around the knee. This process does everything that a traditional Total Knee Replacement can, but through a smaller incision.
Partial Knee Replacement
Medical tourism to India is earning immense popularity among people who have been looking for Partial Knee replacement surgery at affordable cost without compromising on the quality and standards of the medical care and facility. Partial knee replacement surgery in India has the advantage of cost savings of up to 70 to 90 percent for the same surgery in the western countries. Such low costs along with excellent medical care for partial knee replacement is possible in India with IndiCure. Our panel of hospitals are the best orthopaedic hospitals in India with top orthopaedic surgeons in India.
Shoulder Arthroscopy surgery uses a small camera, an arthroscope, to check or repair the tendons in the rotator cuff of the shoulder that may have torn due to overuse or injury. The arthroscope is inserted through a small cut in your skin and is connected to a video monitor. Your shoulder tissues can be inspected thoroughly and repaired.
Lumbar spine surgery
With great skill and expertise of our chosen few top spine surgeons in India at best spine hospitals in India, you can be assured to avail the best treatment for your spinal problems. Our panel of spine surgeons in India are highly experienced and use the latest medical technology in order to give you the best outcome for your lumbar spine surgery in India.
Slip disc Surgery
A slipped disc is also known as a prolapsed or herniated disc. It is a condition when the inner soft part of the disc (known as nucleus pulposus) bulges out through the weakened or ruptured part of the disc pressing on the structures close to it (nerves coming out off the spinal cord) resulting in numbness, tingling sensation or even pain in the area.